The main goal of the Commercial Enforcement Unit is the orderly and safe flow of commercial vehicles through the Town of North Kingstown. The Commercial Enforcement Unit is responsible for:
- Investigating all truck restricted routes and citizen complaints regarding commercial vehicles.
- Assisting in or conducting investigations of all injury and fatal collisions involving commercial vehicles on town streets.
- Enforcement of oversize vehicle trip permits.
- Obtaining voluntary compliance by commercial vehicles of the requirements of the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) through random vehicle inspections and recommending traffic control improvements.
- Providing educational programs for drivers and companies aimed at driver and vehicle safety.
For more information on the Commercial Enforcement Unit, call (401) 294-3316 ext. 8203.