- Personnel Department
The Personnel Department falls under the management of the Town Manager. Our goal is to provide effective human resources management by developing and implementing policies and procedures that encourage and promote employee growth while maintaining the Towns objectives. We are committed to developing the Town's workforce to ensure its ability to serve residents. We strive to create a work environment that is characterized by fair treatment of staff, open communication, personal accountability, trust and mutual respect.
Principal functions of the Personnel Division include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment of qualified applicants into a diverse workforce
- Ensure a safe and discrimination free environment
- Update and administer employee benefits programs
- Pre-payroll administration and processes
- Personnel policy development
- Job classification, compensation, and labor market research
- Maintenance of personnel records
- Management of the Town’s human resource database
- Ensure adherence to local and federal employment laws and mandates
- Manage the enrollment process for employee fringe benefits
- Administration of COBRA continuation coverage
- Administration of post employment benefit programs
- Manage Town's wellness program
The Town of North Kingstown provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
The Town of North Kingstown expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.