The purpose of the Municipal Court is to hear and determine cases of violation of Town Ordinances including Minimum Housing and Zoning. as well as, jurisdiction over traffic violations brought by the North Kingstown Police Department including parking tickets.
Cases are scheduled by the Court. Municipal Court is held on Wednesdays at 6 p.m. Please contact the Court for scheduled court dates.
Municipal Court Officiates
- David F. Reilly, Judge
- Jeannette Alyward, Magistrate / Clerk
- Maria DeLuca-Vaccaro, Administrative Clerk
- Proper attire is required - no shorts, tank tops, etc.
- Food and Beverages are expressly forbidden
- Court begins on time; late arrivals are heard at the conclusion of the session
- Cell phones/pagers should be set to a silent mode or turned off
Upon arrival, please check with the clerk to make sure your name is on the Court Docket.
Note: We will soon provide a Violations Schedule.
Preview the Municipal Court Rules of Procedure (PDF).
Paying Fines & Court Costs
Payments for fines and Court costs are due and payable at the time of judgment by cash, check, money order, Visa, American Express or MasterCard (a convenience fee will be assessed). Payments can also be made online . There is an ATM machine on the premises.
Charges vary by the type(s) of infractions. Court costs are $35 per infraction and $60 with a Good Driver Record.
If your license is in the process of being suspended or is suspended, cash, money order or a bank certified check are the only accepted forms of payment.
Know Your Rights
View information on your rights (PDF) in cases of civil traffic violations.